POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : crackle flagstone floor question : crackle flagstone floor question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  crackle flagstone floor question
From: Charles C
Date: 21 Mar 2008 18:15:38
Message: <47e4419a@news.povray.org>
This is a height_field (multiple actually, tiled, but not tile-able)
made from a nine* megapixel .png made of course from an orthogonal view
of crackle pattern pigment on a plane.  The pigment used for the
height_field is a *different* .png which is basically the original after
a few bucket-fills in GIMP with different colors to different 'stones.'

I could keep-it-in-POV-Ray (no image based height_fields or image_maps)
if I knew how to give individual stones different colors using crackle.
  Unfortunately it looks like there's a choice between patterns that can
give borders to cells, or patterns which can give different colors to
different cells.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Charles

PS I'm using 1 unit = 1".  The reference axis arrows are 12" long as is
the sphere's diameter.

*I was using 36 megapixels earlier but didn't re-do it so the below
image has seams:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'crackle flagstone floor.jpg' (187 KB)

Preview of image 'crackle flagstone floor.jpg'
crackle flagstone floor.jpg